I’ve been dreaming of having hidden superpowers since I was young.
Thinking about how I could use them in many different ways thrills me. If only I had
superpowers, I would’ve done anything and everything I want and need with no
hesitation. I want to have the power of absolute word. With that, I’d only have
to state what I desire to have it.
I did a lot of play fights with my brother
back when I was still a kid. We acted as if we knew mixed martial arts, as if
we had superhuman strength, as if we were mutants. Being a girl and a year younger
than him meant I was weaker. I would often find myself wishing I were more
clever, stronger and braver. Had I
possessed such power, I would’ve beat off people I hate and criminals and put
them to jail.
I want
to be able to use not just one, but all five elements of nature. Just like Aang from the cartoon series ‘Avatar,’
but with an addition of the element space, I want to master water, earth, fire
and air bending. That way, I could do air bending, fly up to the sky and lie
down and relax in the fluffy clouds as I watch the sunset or the beautiful
night sky. I could also do some water bending and surround myself with water in
blazing hot weather. When camping or just when I feel like it, I could setup
bonfires and roast marshmallows.
If I were to choose between having telekinesis
and telepathy abilities, I’d choose both. There’s no in-between. I want what I
want. I love animals and with telepathy, I could converse with them normally
through mind link. How awesome would that be? I could also listen to what
people think in their minds and discover their secrets effortlessly but only
whenever I want to. I could wander around in people’s dreams and interfere with
them. With the power of telekinesis, I could be able to levitate and move things without
needing to stand up and reach for them. I’m just too lazy to get up and
physically touch stuffs I need to. I could also use the ability to protect
myself. All I had to do was use anything near me as a weapon. Heck, telekinesis
itself is a weapon. Oh! I almost forgot, I could pass or even perfect my tests
with telepathy!
The combo of
teleportation, invisibility and time travel is superb! Imagine having to travel
in the past where there were only flowers, grass, trees and small houses from
afar. That would be wonderful!I could go back to old moments and make even more memories. With invisibility, I could explore the past
without people seeing me, thinking how different I am from them. I could take breath-taking
pictures of the land, the sky and the water. I could take home souvenirs from the
past or from the future. I could own and access all the high-tech gadgets and
inventions from the future while people are stuck on their Iphones and Androids.
Just my imagination of the place where I want to be is all that I would need
for teleportation and time travelling. No need to save up for money. No need to
worry about costly expenses. I just have to dream and think of all the best
things in life to achieve them.
Having
an x-ray vision and the ability to phase walk are also on my list. I could peek at both girls and guys without
them knowing. I could just pass through tangible
objects without needing to walk the lefts and rights of the path. I could own an
invisible space car and drive to school or wherever I want in straight routes
without the maddening crowd and traffic. I wouldn’t have to worry about stoplights
and running over people, well, Filipinos, who are born jaywalkers.
Lastly, my list of hidden powers cannot be
completed without the power
of self-cloning or self-multiplication. Being the lazy person I
am, I could just replicate myself and send my own clone to school while I savor
my 15 hour beauty sleep. And when my replica arrives home, she'd do
my schoolwork and homework for me. After she's done with
everything, we would play and hangout and shop together like normal people.
We'd go to arcades, have food-trips and lots of fun as though we were
twins, something I know I will never experience.
I could so
much stuffs done in no time. I could study the courses I love the best, Biology
and Astronomy. I could paint all I want and make a name for myself.
I could play with animals and take care of them, travel the world,
establish charities for the poor and give them necessities like homes, foods,
clothing etc.
If killing weren’t a sin, maybe more than hundreds of people would be dead already. I know it's hypocritical of me to say I want to be prevent crimes, but let's be honest, who wouldn't want to torture and execute someone who has raped or killed children or worse, a relative of yours. To be honest, I find it hard to believe there are people who stay innocent.
I would be careful If I were to acquire such power of absolute word.
If killing weren’t a sin, maybe more than hundreds of people would be dead already. I know it's hypocritical of me to say I want to be prevent crimes, but let's be honest, who wouldn't want to torture and execute someone who has raped or killed children or worse, a relative of yours. To be honest, I find it hard to believe there are people who stay innocent.
I would be careful If I were to acquire such power of absolute word.

No comments:
Post a Comment